Đề thi học sinh giỏi cấp THPT tỉnh Lâm Đồng môn Tiếng Anh Năm học 2010 - 2011
- Phát hành Sở GD-ĐT Lâm Đồng
- Lượt tải 739
- Sử dụng Miễn phí
- Dung lượng 158 KB
- Cập nhật 23/07/2013
SỞ GIÁO DỤC & ĐÀO TẠO
KÌ THI CHỌN HỌC SINH GIỎI CẤP TỈNH
SECTION I: LISTENING (4 pts)
Part 1: Listen and choose the correct information about each invitation. Write your answer (A, B, C, or D) in the numbered box.
1. A. Lynne refuses Dave’s invitation.
B. The invitation is for Saturday.
C. Lynne will meet Dave’s parents on Saturday.
D. Dave will meet Lynne’s parents on Saturday.
2. A. Paula already has plans.
B. They will meet at the bookstore.
C. The invitation is for Friday.
D. They will meet at the football stadium.
3. A. There will be free drinks and food.
B. Rose refuses the invitation.
C. Rose doesn’t think it will be fun.
D. Rose has something planned on Saturday.
4. A. Ron accepts the invitation.
B. Ron has to study for an important exam.
C. Ron has to work late
D. Ron has to go to an evening English class.
5. A. They will go downtown after class.
B. They both hate listening to music
C. The invitation is for next month.
D. They will go dancing after class.
6. A. The invitation is for Sunday
B. George likes those kinds of shows.
C. They will go to the show in the morning.
D. They won’t go to the show.
Part 2: Listen to four conversations in which people are giving invitations. What events are they talking about? Listen and choose the correct answer. Write your answer (A, B, C, or D) in the numbered box.
A. Listen to people talking about what they think is fun. Complete the numbered blank with no more than four words.
B. Listen to the interview with three athletes. Complete the numbered blank with no more than four words.
SECTION II: LEXICO-GRAMMAR (5 pts)
Part 1: Choose the word or phrase that best completes each sentence. Write your answer (A, B, C, or D) in the numbered box.
1. I do not believe that this preposterous scheme is _____________ of our serious consideration.
A. worthless B. worth C. worthwhile D. worthy
2. One ____________ of riding a bicycle is that it’s cheap.
A. credit B. advantage C. advance D. value
3. People who take on a second job inevitably _____________ themselves to greater stress.
A. offer B. subject C. field D. place
4. I keep putting __________ the decision because I can’t make up my mind.
A. up B. down C. off D. on
5. The new factory must be finished _________ as the profitability of the company depends on it.
A. on time B. in times C. at time D. for a time
6. To prevent flooding in winter, the water flowing from the dam is constantly __________ by a computer.
A. managed B. graded C. monitored D. conducted
7. I usually buy the clothes _____________ . It is cheaper than going to a dressmaker.
A. off the peg B. on the house C. in public D. on the shelf
8. I was already fed up with the job, but when the boss walked into my office and told me he expected me to work overtime that was the _______________. I quit.
A. final curtain B. last straw C. end of the line D. last waltz
9. The doctor gave the patient _____________ examination to discover the cause of his collapse.
A. a thorough B. a universal C. an exact D. a whole
10. After leaving school , Nigel decided to _____________ in the army.
A. register B. enrol C. sign D. enlist
Part 2: Write the correct FORM of each bracketed word in the numbered space provided in the column on the right. (0) has been done as an example.
Part 3: Complete each sentence with the correct form of ONE of the phrasal verbs below. Write your answer in the numbered box. Each verb is used only once.
run out of
cut down on
1. I just can’t ___________ why President Clinton did that! What a stupid thing to do!
2. If you plan the project well, then everything should __________ place.
3. At first the guys were just having a small argument, but their friends _______ them _________ until they started fighting.
4. The doctor told me to __________ sugar and fat in my diet.
5. I’m sorry, I just can’t __________ the game right now. I’m thinking about work.
6. You _________ when you told Sara about her surprise party. You shouldn’t have done that.
7. In many cultures, it is appropriate _________ your shoes when entering a house.
8. Most patients find that the numbness from the injection __________ after about an hour.
9. We ___________ milk this morning, so we need to go to the store.
10. __________ everyone! The pub is closing in five minutes.
Download tài liệu để xem thêm chi tiết.