Đề thi học sinh giỏi lớp 9 THCS tỉnh Quảng Nam môn Tiếng Anh - Có đáp án Sở GD&ĐT Quảng Nam
- Phát hành Sở GD-ĐT Quảng Nam
- Lượt tải 4.841
- Sử dụng Miễn phí
- Dung lượng 251 KB
- Cập nhật 07/06/2013
SỞ GIÁO DỤC & ĐÀO TẠO
KỲ THI CHỌN HỌC SINH GIỎI LỚP 9 THCS
MÔN THI: TIẾNG ANH
Thời gian: 150 phút (không kể thời gian giao đề)
SECTION ONE: LISTENING (2.0 pts)
Part 1: Listen to the results of a survey of leisure activities among people aged sixteen to thirty and fill in the missing information. You will listen to the tape three times.
Part 2: You will listen to a song called His Latest Flame. Listen and fill in each numbered blank with ONE word. You will listen to the tape three times.
SECTION TWO: LEXICO – GRAMMAR (7.0pts)
Question 1. Choose the best option A, B, C or D to finish each of the following sentences. Write your answer in the numbered box below. 0 has been done as an example.
0. He _____ a teacher.
A. be B. is C. are D. am
1. Kate _______ a great time in Nha Trang and doesn’t want to come back.
A. is having B. has C. has had D. had
2. You have never been to Nha Trang, _______ ?
A. haven’t you B. have you C. do you D. don’t you
3. I had to wear _______ uniform when I worked in the hotel.
A. some B. any C. a D. an
4. You can improve your English by practising it _______ .
A. hardly B. ordinary C. badly D. regularly
5. _______ we should put garbage bins around the school yard.
A. Why don’t B. What about C. Let’s D. I suggest
6. If I _______ you, I’d take some rest before the game tomorrow.
A. am B. could be C. were D. would be
7. The pop star we invited onto the chat show didn’t _______.
A. turn on B. turn up C. turn off D. turn down
8. Paper money _______ for over a thousand years.
A. has used B. was being used C. was used D. has been used
9. “Jane! May I introduce you to Maryam, my Malaysian pen pal?” - “_________”
A. Oh. Thank you very much. B. Hi! Pleased to meet you, Jane.
C. Hi! Nice to meet you, Maryam. D. That’s right. I’m Jane.
10. “How did your dog _______?” - “I don't know. Someone might have poisoned it.”
A. get killed B. kill C. be killed D. was killed
11. That pipe has been leaking for ages. We must get it ______ soon.
A. mend B. mended C. mending D. to mend
12. It was _______ of you not to play the music while I was asleep.
A. considering B. considerate C. considerable D. consideration
Question 2. Match the two halves of the sentences. Write your answer on the answer sheet.
Question 3. Read the text below and look carefully at each line. Some of the lines are correct but some have a word which should not be there. If a line is correct, put a tick (√) at the end of the line. If a line has a word which should not be there, write the word at the end of the line. Some lines have been done as examples.
Question 4. Complete the following passage with an appropriate form of the word in BLOCK CAPITAL. Write your answer in the numbered box below. 0 has been done as an example.
School inspectors have found that, contrary to all (0)______ children
SECTION THREE: READING (6.0 pts)
Question 1. Read the text below and decide which answer A, B, C, or D best fits each space. Write your answer in the numbered box below. (0) has been done as an example.
HOW WE READ
Why did you decide to read this, and will you keep reading to the end? Do you expect to understand every (0)_____ part of it and will you remember anything about it in a fortnight’s (1)_____? Common sense suggests that the answers to these questions depend on “readability” - whether the (2)_____ matter is interesting, the argument clear and the (3)_____ attractive. But psychologists are discovering that to (4)_____ why people read - and often don’t read - technical information, they have to examine not so much the writing as the reader.
Even the most technically confident people often (5)_____ instructions for the video or home computer in favor of hands-on experience. And people frequently (6)_____ little notice of consumer information, whether on nutritional labels or in the small print of contracts.
Psychologists researching reading tend to assume that both beginners and (7)_____ readers read everything put in front of them from start to finish. There are (8)_____ among them about the role of eyes, memory and brain during the process. Some believe that fluent readers take (9)_____ every letter or word they see; others (10)_____ that readers rely on memory or context to carry them from one phrase to another. But they have always assumed that the reading process is the same: reading starts, comprehension occurs, then reading stops.
0. A. simple B. single C. separated D. sole
1. A. term B. period C. time D. gap
2. A. subject B. topic C. content D. text
3. A. pattern B. formation C. layout D. assembly
4. A. ensure B. determine C. value D. rate
5. A. miss B. omit C. pass D. ignore
6. A. get B. pay C. take D. make
7. A. competent B. sufficient C. considerable D. valid
8. A. objections B. arguments C. contests D. separations
9. A. up B. over C. out D. in
10. A. insist B. direct C. urge D. press
Download tài liệu để xem chi tiết.