Đề thi tuyển sinh lớp 10 THPT TP Hồ Chí Minh năm học 2013 - 2014 môn Tiếng Anh Sở GD-ĐT TP HCM
- Phát hành Sở GD-ĐT TP HCM
- Lượt tải 16.522
- Sử dụng Miễn phí
- Dung lượng 140 KB
- Cập nhật 12/05/2015
SỞ GIÁO DỤC VÀ ĐÀO TẠO
KỲ THI TUYỂN SINH LỚP 10 THPT
I. Choose the word/ phrase (A, B, C or D) that best fits the space in each sentence. (2.5 pts)
1. - “_______ stay with Vietnamese friends in the college dormitory?”
- “Sorry, but I disagree with you, Ben. There’s no chance to practice speaking English then.”
A. I think B. How can we C. What about D. Why don’t we
2. The Lunar New Year normally comes _______ late January or early February.
A. at B. in C. on D. since
3. Lan walks past the boutique everyday_______ her way to school.
A. through B. at C. on D. from
4. Auld Lang Syne is a song _______ is sung on New Year’s Eve.
A. it B. whose C. when D. that
5. After an hour walking between the green paddy _______, we finally reached the village entrance.
A. fields B. courts C. yards D. places
6. Areas in the countryside can _______ some rain during the day.
A. reach B. wish C. expect D. turn
7. We shouldn’t do_______bad to the environment.
A. nothing B. anything C. everyone D. someone
8. _______ television, people can get the latest information and enjoy interesting programs.
A. Though B. Because C. Therefore D. Thanks to
9. The Internet is now_______ not only in cities, but also in the countryside.
A. careful B. available C. helpless D. interested
10. – “Could you do me a favor, please?”
A. Let me help you. B. Yes, go ahead!
C. No, Thanks. I’m fine. D. Sure. What can I do for you?
II. Choose the underlined word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that needs correcting. (0,5 pt)
11. My uncle (A) doesn’t care how much does the car cost (B); he is buying (C) it anyway (D).
12. Stop making (A) so much noise or (B) the neighbors will (C) get angrily (D).
III. Choose the word (A, B, C or D) that best fits the blank space in the following passage. (1,5pts)
Many countries in Asia, such as Japan, Taiwan, the Philippines, Indonesia, are very (13) _______ to the Pacific Rim which is (14) _______ as the “Ring of Fire”. These countries are affected by more earthquakes and volcanoes than anywhere else in the world. People in these countries may (15) _______ landslides, liquid rock, ash and tidal waves as a result. In June 1991, Mount Pinatubo (16) _______ the Philippines erupted. Despite scientist’s advance warning of the (17) _______, hundreds of people were killed. The area around the volcano was badly damaged. Flows of very hot ash and liquid rock forced people to run away from the area. They were not able to go back (18) _______ several months afterwards.
13. A. close B. similar C. used D. pleasant
14. A. know B. knew C. known D. knowing
15. A. experience B. enjoy C. take D. discover
16. A. at B. in C. on D. from
17. A. tornado B. storm C. eruption D. earthquake
18. A. since B. on C. before D. until
IV. Read the passage, then decide if the statements that follow it are True or False. (1.0 pt)
It might sound strange to you but these are some important rules. If you want to pass examinations, then study grammar. However, if you want to become fluent in English, try to learn English without studying too much grammar because that will only slow you down and confuse you. You will think about the rules when creating sentences instead of speaking naturally like a native speaker. Some native speakers do not know so many grammar rules as non-native students do.
Everyone can speak at least one language whether they are intelligent, or lack some brain power. This could be achieved by being surrounded by that language at all times. You may notice that there are also some people who study abroad and learn very little. That is because they go to an English speaking school, but find friends from their own country and don’t practice English. Some others can speak English well because they live in an English speaking environment.
Therefore, why don’t you surround yourself with English? Make rules with some friends that you will only speak English when meeting up for a coffee, for example. You can also carry around an iPod and listen to English as much as possible.
19. You don’t need to study too much grammar to be fluent in English.
20. You need to be quite intelligent to study a language well.
21. Living in an English speaking environment, people will learn the language better.
22. An iPod may be useful for you to improve your listening skill.
V. Use the correct form of the word given in each sentence. (1.5 pt)
23. There have been many ________________in the field of telecommunications. (innovate)
24. I love her voice. She always speaks to me ______________. (soft)
25. Mr Brown is a famous _______________ in the town. (environmental)
26. Banh Chung is a kind of ______________ rice cake. (stick)
27. Everyone loves him because he is ___________ to others. (help)
28. It’s not easy to ______________ all new words you come across when reading. (memory)
VI. Use the correct tense or form of the verb given in each sentences. (1.0 pt)
29. He would be healthier, if he __________ so much. (not, smoke)
30. Road users _________ by law to wear quality safety helmets. (force)
31. Please wait right here until Katie _______ back. (come)
32. His daughter is keen on _________ with Barbie dolls. (play)
VII. Rewrite each of the following sentences in another way so that it means almost the same as the sentence printed before it. (2.0 pt)
33. The weather is fine, but Thu is still bringing a raincoat with her.
-> Although _______________________________________________________________
34. “Do your homework, son”, said the mother.
-> The mother told __________________________________________________________
35. No other members in the class are as tall as Lucie is.
-> Lucie is the _____________________________________________________________
36. When was the last time you watched an action movie?
-> When did _______________________________________________________________
Download tài liệu để xem thêm chi tiết