Đề thi học sinh giỏi lớp 9 THCS tỉnh Thanh Hóa năm học 2011 - 2012 môn Tiếng Anh (Có đáp án) Đề thi học sinh giỏi lớp 9 môn Tiếng Anh
- Phát hành Sở GD-ĐT Thanh Hóa
- Lượt tải 30.669
- Sử dụng Miễn phí
- Dung lượng 436 KB
- Cập nhật 26/02/2016
Đề thi học sinh giỏi lớp 9 THCS môn Tiếng Anh
Các bạn học sinh lớp 9 đang ôn thi vào lớp 10 luôn muốn đánh già khả năng của mình qua các đề thi phân loại. Mời các bạn tải đề thi học sinh giỏi lớp 9 môn Tiếng Anh về máy để thực hành và kiểm tra năng lực của bản thân. Ngoài ra, những đề thi này còn được sử dụng trong trường hợp ôn thi học kỳ 1, ôn thi học kỳ 2 hay các kỳ thi quan trọng khác. Chúc các bạn thành công.
SỞ GIÁO DỤC VÀ ĐÀO TẠO
KỲTHI CHỌN HỌC SINH GIỎI LỚP 9 THCS
MÔN THI: TIẾNG ANH
Thời gian làm bài: 150 phút (không kể thời gian giao đề)
Part A: PHONETICS (5pts)
I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the rest in the same line. (3pts)
1. A. subject B. conclusion C. public D. unidentified
2. A. abroad B. infant C. abrupt D. label
3. A. comb B. climb C. debt D. bribe
II. Pick out the word whose main stressed syllable is different from the rest in the same line.(2pts)
1. A. minimize B. dynamite C. junkyard D. environment
2. A. government B. opinion C. deposit D. appliance
Part B: VOCABULARY AND GRAMMAR (35 pts)
I. Choose the most suitable word or phrase to complete each sentence. (10pts)
1. They didn’t want to get home late, —— they hired a mini bus.
A. but B. so that C. so D. however
2. You rarely watch sports programs on TV, ——?
A. do you B. don’t you C. is it D. are you
3. I recently visited the school —— I used to study 5 years ago.
A. where B. which C. in that D. there
4. —— playing professional basketball, she also enjoys tennis.
A. Moreover B. Apart C. Together D. Besides
5. The SEA Games were —— every 2 years.
A. had B. held C. taken D. made
6. It’s worth —— if there are any cheap flights to Singapore at the weekend.
A. find out B. finding out C. to find out D. that you find
7. The village seemed strange to me —— I’d been there several times.
A. however B. in spite of C. although D. despite
8. Students were —— a lot pressure before the final examination.
A. above B. with C. under D. on
9. Do not —— the driver while the bus is in motion.
A. disturb B. distract C. convert D. interrupt
10.Lan: “ —— ”
Tien: “Don’t worry. I can fix it.”
A. I’ve just bought a new bike.
B. Where is your bike?
C. I am sorry that I have broken your bike.
D. I am sorry that I have lost your bike.
II. Put each verb in brackets into an appropriate form. (10pts)
1. Since I (pay) —— for our lunch, I (try) —— to attract the waiter’s attention.
2. Hurry up. By the time you (finish) —— getting ready, we (miss) —— the train!
3. Sally! I (not expect) —— to see you here! What (you do) —— here in Thanh Hoa City?
4. I think I (lose) —— my sunglasses. I (look) —— for them since noon, but I can’t find them. And they (be) —— very expensive.
5. I am fed up with your clothes lying all over the floor. I wish you (be) —— more disciplined.
III. Put each word in brackets into an appropriate form. (10pts)
1. Internet users sometimes suffer various risks such as spam, junk mail, and personal information —— (LEAK)
2. Nowadays, TV viewers can watch a —— of local and international programs on different channels. (VARY)
3. My elder brother has taken part in different charity activities in his town and has been nominated as the most effective —— in the town charity program. (ACT)
4. A person whose occupation is the installation, ——, repair, or operation of electric equipment is an electrician. (MAINTAIN)
5. My friend Lan, who is the most —— like an exciting holiday with lots to see and do. (ADVENTURE)
6. Ba reads short stories in English every day to —— his vocabulary. (RICH)
7. Many people consider good luck charms foolish and —— (REASON)
8. Some guests arrived —— and caused trouble to the hostess. (EXPECT)
9. One of the reasons why ancient buildings still stand is because they are —— structures. (CONSERVATION)
10. The climbers came down from Mount Everest with fingers so —— that they clinked like glass. (FREEZE)
IV. Complete each sentence with the most suitable form of one of the verb below and the preposition OF, OUT, OFF, UP, or IN. Use each verb once only. specialize, approve, go, give , turn (5 pts)
1. Could you —— —— the radio? I’m trying to finish this assignment.
2. The secure team —— —— the search when it got dark.
3. After taking a general course she decided to —— —— tropical medicine.
4. Some guests haven’t —— —— having to pay extra to use the tennis court. I’m not surprised they are so annoyed.
5. The fire —— —— after burning for seven hours.
Part C: READING (25 pts)
I. Read the following passage and then choose the most suitable word for each space. (10 pts)
Australia is located in the southern hemisphere. It is the driest country on earth and is the only country which (1) —— an entire continent. From north to south the (2) —— is 3,220km and from east to west 3,860 km. (3) —— area it is about the same size as the USA. Today about 85% of the population of 18 million live in six major cities around the (4) —— . Two thirds of the country is dry or desert.
Australia is an extremely rich country. It produces metals, (5) —— stones,coal, grain, meat and wine, and has the biggest iron (6) —— in the world.
Australia has about one sixth of the world’s sheep and produces (7) —— one third of its wool. Cattle are also kept, and about 15 million tons of wheat are grown every year. Fruits and vegetables are grown in areas where there is enough water. The climate is different (8) —— on area. The south has cool, wet winters and warm, dry summers. The north has warm, dry winters and hot, wet summers.
The centre of Australia is hot and dry all the year (9) —— Because of such a climate, much of daily life (10) —— indoors.
1. A. runs B. covers C. consists D. lies
2. A. length B. area C. distance D. route
3. A. On B. With C. By D. In
4. A. coast B. coastline C. seaside D. beach
5. A. precious B. worthy C. wealthy D. expensive
6. A. caves B. regions C. mines D. fields
7. A. almost B. much C. most D. near
8. A. relying B. concentrating C. depending D. going
9. A. long B. around C. wide D. round
10. A. occurs B. happens C. arises D. exists
II. Supply the most suitable word for each blank. (10 pts)
Vietnam’s New Year is celebrated according to the Lunar calendar. It is officially known as Tet Nguyen Dan (1) —— Tet. It begins (2) ——January twenty - first and February nineteen. The exact (3) —— changes from year to year. Vietnamese people usually make (4) —— for the holiday several weeks beforehand. They tidy their houses, cook (5) ——food, clean and make offerings on the family alters. On the New Year’s Eve, people sit (6) —— to midnight to see the New Year in, then they put on new (7) —— and give one another the greetings of the season. Tet lasts ten days. The (8) —— three days are the most important. Vietnamese people believe that (9) —— people act during those days will influence the whole year. As a result, they make every effort to avoid arguments and smile as much as (10) —— .
III. Read the passage and choose the best answers to questions below. (5 pts)
Every four to ten years something happens to the weather system of the Earth. Everything changes, and scientists don’t know why. The low - pressure area moves toward the east, the high - pressure area is very weak, and the winds blow toward the east. A great pile of warm surface water moves toward South America. People call this “ EL Nino”. It usually happens at Christmas time, and EL Nino is the Spanish name for the baby Jesus.
Usually the effects of EL Nino are very mild. However, the one that started in 1982 was different from the other recent ones. It had a very powerful effect on the world’s climate. It caused huge changes in the ocean currents. It caused floods in some areas and droughts in others. There were terrible windstorms and huge ocean waves swept houses into the sea. EL Nino did billions of dollars worth of damage. Thousands of people lost their lives and thousands of others were left homeless.
In 1983, the winds, ocean currents, and pressure areas started to become normal again. Meanwhile, scientists throughout the world organized research to learn more about EL Nino. They are using satellites and research boats to observe the atmosphere and the ocean. It is a very complicated problem, but if the scientists of the world work together, they should be able to learn the causes of EL Nino. Then they will be able to predict what will happen and work to prevent a repeat of the death and destruction of 1982 - 1983.
1. The reason why the weather system changes ——
A. are known in advance by all scientists.
B. are not mysterious to scientists today.
C. are still unknown to scientists nowadays.
D. are easy and simple to scientists today.
2. The effects of EL Nino are ——
A. usually mild B. very violent
C. sometimes very powerful D. both A and C
3. The EL Nino that started in 1982 was ——
A. the same as the other recent ones.
B. less powerful than the other recent ones.
C. more powerful and destructive than the other recent ones.
D. very powerful but caused no damage.
4. The word “EL Nino” is the Spanish name for the baby Jesus because ——
A. EL Nino usually happens at Christmas time.
B. it first happened in Spain.
C. it first happened when Jesus was born.
D. Jesus used the Spanish name to call it.
5. Since 1983, scientists all over the world ——
A. have used satellites to study the oceans.
B. have used research boats to study the atmosphere.
C. have organized research to learn more about EL Nino.
D. have helped people to recover the damage and loss from EL Nino.
Part D: WRITING (15 pts)
I. Complete each of the following sentences in such a way that it means the same as the sentence printed before it. (10pts)
1. He drives so carefully that he has never had any accidents.
→ He is so .................................................................
2. “ We got home late last night” they said.
→ They said .............................................................
3. We suggested a lot of things, which were all rejected.
→ Everything ...........................................................
4. This is his first visit to Ho Chi Minh City.
→ He is .....................................................................
5. The man was not able to go on an expedition to the Middle East because of his age.
→ The man was too ..................................................
6. Despite his intelligence, he doesn’t study well at school.
→ Even ....................................................................
7. If you don’t take care of those shoes ,they won’t last for long.
→ Unless you look .....................................................
8. I would prefer you not to phone me at work.
→ I’d rather ................................................................
9. It is thought that the accident was caused by human error.
→ The accident is ......................................................
10. She didn’t know the way, so she asked a policeman.
→ Not .......................................................................
II.Your class had a weekend picnic to the countryside last Sunday. Write a paragraph of about 60 words about it. (5pts)
Download tài liệu để xem thêm chi tiết